24 Nov 15:00 - 01 Dec 13:00 - Aftas Imsouane
➧ More info
Pointbreaks, longboards, watercolour, polaroid cameras, tagines, sunsets .. we have put together a retreat with all of our favourite things at one of our favourite waves in the world! Come and join us for a week long creative surf retreat immersed in the colours and sounds of Morocco.
We have a selection of waves right on our doorstep that are great for all abilities and we can cater to beginner, intermediate and advanced longboarders on this retreat.
For intermediate and advanced surfers our coaching will be focused on longboard techniques, handling the bigger boards in the water, trimming along the wave, playing with movement on the board, understanding the mechanics of cross-stepping and nose-riding.
Beginners will learn the basics of surfing, how to position yourself on the board, catch waves and pop up, and importantly how to stay safe in the water. By the end of the trip we will be concentrating on your paddling, how to catch green waves, and turning.
The morning session each day will be a fully coached session with tuition tailored to your ability and inspired by our daily retreat theme. Most days there will also be the opportunity for a second guided surf session, free surfing with your coaches.
Our creative programme includes watercolour, illustration, polaroid photography, surf photography and mixed media. We will be exploring our local environment and taking trips to the souks, local markets, other villages and the hammam to experience Moroccan life and take our creative inspiration.
Our goal is to learn and experiment with techniques and to enjoy the process of making art. There is no pressure to produce a masterpiece!
Our watercolour, illustration and mixed media sessions are led by Artist and longboarder Kara Sparkman
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
Our accommodation is a beautiful contemporary surf villa overlooking the infamous point du Imesouane.
The villa is divided into three apartments with a mix of double and twin rooms. Each apartment has a bathroom with shower and separate toilet. Max 4 persons per apartment. If you are coming solo opt for the private room or book the twin and we will match you up with a roomie.
The villa has a pool, communal lounge and dining areas, kitchen area and multiple outside terraces areas with views over the whole bay.
There is no wifi in the villa but it is available in two local cafes a couple of minutes walk from the villa. Wifi and mint tea!
Most of our meals will be prepared by our in-house chef, we can cater to dietary needs just let us know when you book.
WHATS INCLUDED, PRICES & BOOKING
-Shared twin room – 1000 Euros per person*
- Private occupancy double room – 1250 Euros per person*
Your Art & Longboarding retreat includes:
- 7 nights accommodation in a beautiful contemporary surf villa
- Delicious healthy breakfast every day
- Healthy and nutritious lunches every day
- 5 family style evening meals cooked by our in-house chef
- Daily surf coaching and guiding tailored to your ability
- Daily taught/guided art sessions
- Day trip to Essouaira
- Use of all necessary art materials
- Use of polaroid cameras
- A pack of polaroid film
- Surf Sistas goody bag
- Surf Sistas host on hand 24/7 to help you maximise your Moroccan experience
- Surfboard rental (80 Euros)
- Photographs of your surfing & the retreat (50 Euros)
- Airport transfers from Agadir (40 euros each way), Essouaira (40 Euros each way), Marrakech (60 Euros each way). Please note that we will try to match you with other guests on similar flights to share transfers, so please ask when you book.
SEE :: www.surfsistas.com for more information & to book
EMAIL :: email@example.com with any questions